The new Micro 800 PLC from Rockwell Automation won’t be for everybody. But it has a lot of power for small stand alone systems where one of the more powerful Rockwell Automation controllers is overkill. The Micro 810 and the 830 will be available in the initial launch in the next month or so.
Watch this video from Automation Fair for an introduction to these PLCs.
Here are just a few of the features available in the Micro 810 model:
- 4 ea high current (8amp) relay outputs
- 8 ea DC inputs 4 of which can be configured as 10-bit analog inputs
- Plug-In analog and serial I/O modules
- Optional LCD and USB adapter
- Configurable with standard timer function blocks from LCD
- Less than $100 list price
- USB 2.0 port for programming
- Free downloadable software
- IEC 61131-3 editors (ladder, Function Block, and Structured Text)
- User-defined function block
- Run-time editing
Contact your account rep or ask one of Kendall’s inside sales people for more information.